Friday, April 15, 2011

Porsche Sighting

Driving down AMK on an early Sat morning, a big round-eyed Porsche in my right-hand mirror caught my attention. Well it is not the usual array of Boxsters or Cayman S-s! Rather, this Porsche most certainly belongs to the 90's, in my opinion the glorious heydays of automotive creation.

I'm suspecting that this is what I saw!

Well I am not one who's able to identify what breed and model of Porsche this is, lets just say it bears a resemblance to the Porsche 911 Turbo of today, given its stance and exterior body appearance. This car is not a common sight on the local Singapore road, and immediately my eyes follow as it drove past me. Really wanting to catch additional glimpse(s) of the car, I drove after it and manage to catch up with me thankfully (not that I am a good driver or my car is fast) with the onwards progress of the Porsche hampered by the numerous slower vehicles and traffic light at every single junction along the stretch of AMK Ave 5. It was the red light at one of the junctions that allow me to come from behind the Porsche and admire its rear outlook! What a sight! Those massive ground hugging tires (they look either 19 or 20 inch) and the humongous rear spoiler attracts me to want to snap a shot of the car. Unfortunately only my iPhone was available and the picture you see below is as such........

No comments: